This watch is 14k solid gold with diamonds and enamel and is a rare size to boot! The turn of the last century (1900) was a Golden Age for pocket watch companies and a time when Elgin was at their best. This ladies' pocket watch was made in 1910 by Elgin, the largest manufacturer of watches in the world, located in Elgin Illinois. This piece is a 4/0 size with a solid 14k gold case that measures 26mm in diameter by 37mm from the bottom of the watch to the top of the bow. It is an extremely hard to find smaller size that was very much sought after for its elegance and easy-to-wear size. Not only is this a rare size, but it is an Art Nouveau piece as well, employing multicolor enamel, and diamonds to make as elegant a ladies pendant watch as one could want. The case back, which is designed to be worn facing outward and easily displayed because of a swiveling bow that gives the owner an easy way to orient the face or back, has a great design that stands proud of the case surface in wonderful relief. Make sure you look at the "Zoom-In" photos to see how the intertwined Nouveau designs compliment the piece. There are nine diamonds that make up the frontispiece for an array of Lilies of the Valley. It is simply spectacular! The 14k matching pin (also a rarity) has a matching colored enamel and a centered "Jack-in-the Pulpit" enamel-lined flower with a diamond center. The pin measures 22mm by 25mm.
The movement is just as nice as the case and pin. It is a seventeen jewel artfully damaskeened, three quarter plate, nickel movement with gold jewel cups...a level of quality for a movement that was usually reserved only for a gentleman's railroad pocket watch, but evident here in all its glory! This is the only one of these we have ever had after being in business for over 34 years. Don't miss it!